Workout Log

Check out my training log at www.runningahead.com. See my race results at www.athlinks.com.

Friday, June 25, 2010

The journey begins...officially

When I graduated from Baylor in December 2006, I set a 5yr goal to complete an Ironman distance triathlon. For those not familiar with the race, it's a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run. To be considered an Ironman "finisher" you must complete the race in 17 hours.

Today, I took a big step towards a big dream of mine. I officially registered for the inaugural Ironman Texas 2011 race in The Woodlands, Texas. Up until now, I'd been debating which Ironman race to take on (Louisville, Florida, or maybe even Coeur d'Alene or Lake Placid). This week WTC announced a new event, registration opened today at noon and I was sold.

I am overwhelmed with excitement right now...so much so that I literally can not stop shaking as now there's no turning back from this major commitment. I was able to convince two great friends to come along for the ride. I told Aaron Pierson about the race and he signed up within 3 hours of learning about it! Then Sean Boyd took the plunge later that same week. What awesome friends I have!

There's a long road ahead, but today the journey officially begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment