Workout Log

Check out my training log at www.runningahead.com. See my race results at www.athlinks.com.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Post Ironman Eating Frenzy

So I lost nearly 20 lbs during the course of training for Ironman Texas. This was just a consequence of the training as I wasn't exactly trying to lose the weight, I just couldn't replace all the calories I was burning. Well, I'd say the weight gain is beginning...my body is certainly trying to replace what I burned on Saturday.

I've been very hungry all week. I am starving when I wake up before breakfast and have struggled making it to 12 for lunch without a snack. Then, I'm hungry again at about 3:30 (remembering the days of after school snacks...I used to eat double stuff oreos by the sleeve!). Forget about waiting until 7 for dinner...geesh!

Last night I picked up some steaks for dinner but Rachel went to visit a friend in the hospital who just had her baby (congrats Courtney and Casey!). Well, I had 2 delicious looking NY strip steaks and decided to grill them both up. I nearly ate both of the steaks, a can of green beans, 3/4 box of rice, and then I polished all that off with a giant bowl of Blue Bell ice cream with Magic Shell topping. Finally, I was satisfied. :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Best post ever! Blue Bell is my favorite post race pleasure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Dad with your Magic Shell...ugh! :)

    ReplyDelete